With the advent of COVID-19, doctors today are even more burned out and exhausted than ever before. This has led to the increase of mistakes in diagnosis, prescription fulfillment, and even in surgery. These mistakes sometimes mean a patient’s recovery takes longer, and other times it means the patient doesn’t survive. If you or a loved one suffered through the mistake of a doctor, nurse, or another medical provider, you need a medical malpractice lawyer. You need The McLendon Law Firm. Call us today at (229) 475-1969 to schedule your free consultation.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
The American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys defines medical malpractice when “a hospital doctor, or other health care professional, through a negligent act or omission, causes an injury to a patient.” They go on to explain this can be due to an error in:
- Health Management
Or any combination of those items. However, the claim must also include an injury that resulted in significant harm or damages to the individual that was indeed caused by the negligence of the provider and was not in keeping with the expected standard of care.
Common Examples of Medical Malpractice
At The McLendon Law Firm, we’ve handled many different types of medical malpractice cases. If you are unsure if you or a loved one is a victim of a doctor’s negligence and think you have a medical malpractice suit, our consultations are free. Here are some cases we’ve collected settlements on for our clients:
- Birth-related injuries – Birth-related injuries can occur in both the mother and child. With the mother, it’s most often an error during the C-section. Injuries to the child are more wide-ranging and can include improper forceps use to dislocated shoulders, spine damage, and hip injuries.
- Surgical errors – From incorrect procedures to leaving medical equipment inside the patient, there are many types of surgical errors. Most occur due to the exhaustion level of the physicians.
- Prescription errors – Whether you were administered the wrong medication, wrong dose, or two drugs that have a negative interactive effect, if it caused you harm, you have a medical malpractice case. These errors happen in hospitals and pharmacies.
- Anesthesia – Mistakes in the type and amount of anesthesia can lead to life-long damage. This can happen in a hospital, our patience procedure center, and even your dentist.
- Delayed and Missed Diagnosis – A doctor needs to use his training to properly determine what is wrong with you based on your symptoms. If they miss a diagnosis or incorrectly diagnose you and begin treatment for the wrong problem, the outcome can lead to dire results. Although not all missed or incorrect diagnoses are medical malpractice, many are.
- Emergency room issues – Many medical malpractice suits happened in emergency rooms as a result of lack of staff, poor sanitary practices, and lack of communication among staff.
As an experienced medical malpractice attorney, we will diligently work your case so you receive a fair settlement, whether that means through negotiations, mediation, or even trial. You can trust us with your case.
How We Win Medical Malpractice Cases
Not every personal injury lawyer or wrongful death attorney is prepared to handle a medical malpractice case. Robert McClendon is. He and his team are fully prepared to be your medical malpractice lawyer. Here are some of the steps we take in every case.
- Compile a detailed account of your case in your words, noting pain, suffering, and physical injuries.
- Request and thoroughly review your medical records.
- Utilize the right medical expert to review your case, including your statements, medical history, and treatment where the malpractice occurred.
- Discuss with you what we feel is a fair settlement to request from the insurance company or companies.
- Send in your approved offer and negotiate if our initial offer is not accepted.
If the insurance company rejects our claim and offer, we will then file a lawsuit on your behalf. During that process, we will also offer proof through the filing of the affidavit of our medical expert. From there, you can count on our team to do all we can to prove your case in court.
Because we know every case is different, we treat every case individually. We may need to do something else in your case to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries or loss. Call us today to talk to us about your medical malpractice case, and we will let you know if we think we can help you. Our consultations are always free, and you don’t pay for our services unless we win. Call (229) 475-1969 now to schedule your appointment.
How Do I Get My Medical Records to Find Out If I Have a Case?
One reason you need a medical malpractice attorney is because your lawyer can more easily get the records you need than you can.
Who Will You Sue in My Case?
That depends on who is at fault. In some cases, we sue multiple people and even entities like the hospital itself.
My Mother was Injured in Her Nursing Home. Is That Medical Malpractice?
No, there must be a doctor-patient relationship for there to be medical malpractice. However, you may have a personal injury claim.
Let The McLendon Law Firm Help with Your Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
You go to the doctor to get better, not worse. If your medical care added to your pain and suffering and increased the required medical care through any negligent reason, you need to contact a medical malpractice lawyer.
The McLendon Law Firm wants to help you. We handle all types of personal injury law which medical malpractice cases fall under. If a loved one passed from medical malpractice, we also handle wrongful death cases and can help you. And, if there was a personal injury case in conjunction with your poor medical care, we are the personal injury attorney you need on your side. Call us today at (229) 475-1969. Our consultations are always free, and our services cost you nothing unless we win. Se Habla Español.