Pedestrian accidents happen everywhere, from small neighborhoods with little traffic to busy city streets downtown. If you were hit by a car or truck, you need to call The McLendon Law Firm for a free consultation concerning your accident. We are a leading and local pedestrian accident lawyer ready to help you. Our consultations are free, and you pay us nothing unless we win your case, so call (229) 475-1969 now to schedule your appointment.
Let The McLendon Law Firm Help You
If you or a loved one was a victim of a pedestrian accident, we want to help you. Our team has experience in all types of pedestrian accidents, whether it is clear as to who is at fault for the accident or not. After your initial consultation, assuming we decide to work together, here is what we will do to win your case:
- Learn about the case from your point of view and those who personally witnessed the accident.
- Gather all evidence, including police reports and witness testimony.
- Discuss the case with you and explain the options and case as we see it so far.
- Put together a reasonable settlement request.
- File a claim on your behalf.
- Work through the case, whether it’s with counter offers, mediation, or if that means going to trial. You never have to deal with the insurance company or their lawyers once you hire us.
You can be assured that we will keep you informed throughout the process. We will never accept or reject a settlement offer without first discussing it with you. And, when we present an offer, we will let you know if we think it is a good and fair offer for your individual case.
What You Should Do If You Are Hit by a Car
The first piece of advice we give everyone, no matter what type of accident they are in, is to start documenting everything. If you can take pictures at the time of the accident or if someone who is with you can, do it. However, there are other things you should do that are specific to pedestrian accidents:
- Get checked out immediately. When the officer asks you if you’re hurt, say yes. Even if you don’t think you are. Getting checked out by a medical professional will help your case. Often the shock of the impact and situation blocks the pain. Sometimes, soft tissue injuries don’t make themselves known until the next day. Do not let the hospital throw away your clothes; they are evidence!
- Ask Witnesses to Text You Their Information. Witness testimony is extremely helpful in any accident, including pedestrian accidents.
- Call The McLendon Law Firm. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can talk to witnesses and gather additional evidence. Your case will be stronger if you work with us as your pedestrian accident attorney soon after the accident.
- Don’t Talk About the Accident Further. Yours and the other party’s insurance companies will call you and ask for your account of the accident. Refer them directly to your pedestrian accident lawyer.
We are experienced pedestrian accident attorneys and want to help you get a fair settlement for your injuries. Call us today at (229) 475-1969 to schedule your free consultation.
You Should Be Compensated Properly
Don’t think that the only compensations you deserve are your medical bills and lost wages. When you work with The McLendon Law Firm on your pedestrian accident lawsuit, we’ll look to recover all your losses, including:
- Medical bills including medical aids like crutches and bandage supplies
- Physical and mental therapy
- Lost wages past and in the future throughout your recovery
- Pain and suffering
- Travel expenses to doctor appointments
- Loss of enjoyment of life and missed activities
- Property damage
Essentially any costs you incurred as a result of the accident that you would not have had if you had not been hit by a car.
Pedestrian Accidents Can Be Harder to Prove
Pedestrian injury accidents can be much harder to prove fault with than many other types of accidents that lead to a personal injury claim. This is because a lot of the details surrounding a pedestrian accident are left to interpretation. For example:
- Should the driver have seen you?
- Did you cross in a safe and responsible manner?
- Was the driver impaired or distracted?
- Did speeding contribute to the accident?
- Who had the right of way?
We will uncover the evidence necessary to support your claim that the other party is at fault and that you were following the law when you crossed the street. Our accident investigators can uncover a great deal of information from the scene and witness statements. Let us help you with your pedestrian accident claim. We know how to win a pedestrian accident lawsuit. Don’t wait another day. Call (229) 475-1969 today.
What Is the Time Limit to File a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit?
You have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. There are some exceptions to this timeframe. However, the sooner you file, the stronger your case is in general.
My Child Was Injured by a Car While Crossing the Street. Can I Still File a Claim?
Most likely. The key in any pedestrian accident is whether the driver was fully paying attention and in control of the vehicle. We would be happy to talk to you about your situation.
Trust the Team with Pedestrian Accident Experience
The McLendon Law Firm has successfully collected settlements for countless victims in pedestrian accidents. You shouldn’t have to pay for the negligence or carelessness of a driver. We treat every case as the individual case that it is with our personalized service and vigorous search for the truth. Call (229) 475-1969 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free consultation. Remember, our services cost you nothing unless we win. Se Habla Español. You can find us as a top-rated lawyer on Super Lawyers®.