If you’ve been hurt through no fault of your own, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries, losses and pain. The team at The McLendon Law Firm is ready to help ensure you get what you deserve. We are passionate, driven and dedicated to every case we accept. You don’t pay unless we win your case.
Were You Injured Through No Fault of Your Own?
If so, you need a personal injury attorney. When you have an attorney fighting for a fair settlement for your injuries, lost wages and pain and suffering, you’re going to receive a bigger settlement than what the insurance company offers you. We can also ensure that you get the medical care you need right away, even if you don’t have insurance of your own. Don’t wait, call (229) 475-1969 for your free consultation today.
Don’t Delay Calling Your Personal Injury Attorney
There are three main reasons you want to call The McLendon Law Firm about your accident today.
- Accident evidence disappears as crews make repairs and traffic drives over the scene. That evidence could prove useful to your case.
- Memories fade. The sooner we can hear your side of the story and get witness statements, the more accurate they are likely to be.
- You have a limited time to file a personal injury claim. In Georgia, it is two years. However, we recommend filing it as soon as you can.
Why Call The McLendon Law Firm?
Personal injury lawyers in Blakely advertise on television, MARTA, billboards, radio, and social media. They’re big, impersonal firms with recognizable names who you’ll likely never meet or speak with. Instead of choosing a big-name firm that’s too busy to care for your case personally, trust the compassionate team at The McLendon Law Firm.
Unlike the regional and national personal injury attorneys, we get to know our clients and their cases personally. We’re local and involved in the community through the Cobb County Bar Association and Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. We take the time to learn the facts in your case and fight to ensure you get a fair settlement. Don’t call just any personal injury attorney. Call Robert McLendon today for your free consultation at (229) 475-1969.
Specializing in All Types of Personal Injury Cases
When you call us, we get started right away. We understand that time is of the essence. Upon our joint decision to work together on your case, we get right to work. You can trust us to go above and beyond no matter how you suffered your injuries or how severe. When you call us, we’ll suggest that you:
- Take pictures of your injuries. If you can take pictures of the scene, your vehicle and anything else having to do with the accident that you have access to. If you can’t, ask a friend or family member to help.
- Record a video of your recollection of the accident. This will help in mediation or in the event we go to trial as memories can fade, and having a good recollection of the details will benefit your case. Include things like the time of day, weather, and road conditions.
- Make a list of anyone who witnessed the accident. If you have their contact information, include that as well.
- Follow all of your doctor’s recommendations for follow-up care. Keep a log of your appointments, pain levels, and medicine.
- Document all lost work and expenses related to the accident, no matter how small. Keep track of mileage to and from all medical appointments.
- Note all things you cannot do due to the injuries you suffered or pain since the accident. Include things you’re missing out on due to medical appointments or because you physically can’t do what you normally would have. This will add to the suffering portion of your claim.
These steps will help us help you get the best settlement for your case. Evernote is a great app to use to keep track of everything as the notes can be easily shared.
What Can I Claim in My Personal Injury Lawsuit?
We most often hear about medical bills and pain and suffering as part of a personal injury lawsuit. However, there are many other losses that you can claim. A few include:
- Lost wages, both since the accident and into the future, especially if you need to change occupations due to a temporary or permanent disability
- Additional child care expense for doctor appointments and meetings with us, your personal injury attorney
- Disfigurement, including scarring; if you plan to have plastic surgery to fix the scarring, you can include the costs of said surgery even if it hasn’t happened yet.
- Loss of enjoyment of life. Anything you once did that is now painful or impossible for you to do and enjoy can be included.
- Home or vehicle modifications due to your injuries. Although your car will be fixed or replaced by the insurance, that means to its former state. It would not include modifications now required for you to be able to drive your car if you lost a limb or use of one.
As experienced personal injury lawyers, we will ask all the questions to ensure that you receive payment for all your injuries, both physical and mental, as well as other losses.
Car Accident Personal Injury Lawyer
More than 25,000 people are injured in car accidents in Georgia every year. A significant percentage are along the I-75 corridor in Blakely. If you are a victim of a car accident, you deserve compensation. We won’t just work to recover payment for your current medical bills. You deserve more. We will fight to recover damages for:
- Future medical bills, including rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages from injuries and throughout the case
- Pain and suffering now and into the future
- Additional child care due to dealing with the fallout of the accident
- Temporary or permanent disabilities
- Mileage to and from all medical appointments
- Home or vehicle modifications due to injuries
Semi-trucks and commercial vehicles must follow not only the same rules of the road that we do but many more. Because some commercial drivers fail to obey regulations put in place for everyone’s safety, they cause accidents. These accidents are often much more devastating because their vehicles are larger and weigh more, so they do more damage.
You don’t deserve to suffer due to an individual or corporation putting profit over safety. We know the laws that truck drivers must obey, and we will investigate to determine if your accident was truly an accident or negligence. No matter what we determine, you deserve just compensation for your injuries and suffering. We will fight for you.
Motorcycle Accidents Are Rarely the Cyclists Fault
We know that most motorcycle accidents are the fault of the vehicle drivers. This is most often due to the driver failing to pay attention to the roadway or intersection. If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident because of a driver:
- Failed to yield the right of way when obligated to
- Tried to pass the motorcyclist in a no-passing zone
- Who was distracted and failed to notice the motorcyclist
You need The McLendon Law Firm on your side. We can help you recover losses for your injuries or even the wrongful death of a loved one.
Do I Have a Wrongful Death Case?
Wrongful death cases are often part of personal injury cases as sometimes one party survives the accident while another does not. We’ve also had cases that started out as personal injury lawsuits and, sadly, turned into a wrongful death case. Call us if you believe your loved one died due to injuries sustained from:
- An accident of any kind, including car, truck, public or private transportation
- Defective product
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home neglect
- Prescription or over-the-counter medicine
If someone you cared for died as the result of some else, whether it be an accident, neglect, or an intentional act, you need a wrongful death attorney fighting for you. The compassionate team at The McLendon Law Firm will be there every step of the way. We’ll make sure you and your loved ones are taken care of throughout the process.
Pedestrian Injury Accidents
Even with Georgia’s hands-free laws, drivers don’t always pay attention. Nearly all pedestrian injury accidents are because of a driver not paying attention or obeying the law. When you’ve been injured while crossing a street or even walking on a sidewalk, you deserve a dedicated and experienced personal injury lawyer fighting for you. The McLendon Law Firm has helped many injured parties recoup their losses and be compensated for their pain and suffering and more. If you were injured while walking on a Blakely roadway, call (229) 475-1969 today.
Was Your Slip & Fall Accident the Result of Someone Else’s Negligence?
If so, you have a slip and fall personal injury case. Business owners, whether it be an individual or a major corporation, have the legal obligation to keep those on their property safe. When you fall and sustain injury at a business due to property neglect, call The McLendon Law Firm. Even if you aren’t sure if the accident should have been prevented, call us for a free consultation. If we believe you have a case, we will vehemently fight for you.
Bicycle Injury Accidents
A bike is a great way to get around. However, when you’re injured through no fault of your own, you deserve compensation. Like motorcycle accidents, all too many bicycle accidents result in severe injury and death. If you or a loved one were involved in any type of bicycle accident, call The McLendon Law Firm for your free consultation and tell us about the case. We can tell you how we can recover damages. We will look at your entire case and work to ensure you’re compensated for your:
- Broken bones
- Temporary or permanent injuries, including paralysis
- Physical therapy or other rehabilitation
- Permeant scarring
- Plastic surgery
- Pain and suffering
- Bicycle and other equipment
Dog Bite Injury Cases
Most owners are responsible and train their dogs or keep them properly restrained. However, with the ongoing issues with dogfighting rings busted and those dogs often becoming pets, we see more dog bite injury cases. It’s not only fighting dogs or rescue dogs responsible for dog bite injuries; sometimes, it’s bad owners who know their dogs shouldn’t be allowed to wander.
Dog bite injuries can leave lasting scars, both physical and mental. You or your child deserve compensation. When you trust us with your case, we will work for a fair settlement to cover the medical bills and trauma as well as the physical pain and suffering. We will also work to ensure you have funds to cover plastic surgeries and therapy as long as they’re needed.
Uber Accident Personal Injury Attorney
You did the right thing and left your car at home because you knew you’d be drinking or were too tired to drive. Yet you ended up in an accident due to the negligence or carelessness of your Uber driver. Even though Uber is supposed to background check their drivers and have the cars inspected, it doesn’t always happen as it should. If either the driver was negligent or the company was, and you were injured as a paying passenger, we want to help you with your personal injury claim.
Lyft Accident Personal Injury Lawyer
Although like Uber drivers, Lyft drivers are background-checked for a good driving record, and they’re supposed to have their cars inspected, that doesn’t always make a difference. If you were injured as a passenger in an Uber and the driver is at fault for the accident due to negligence or any other reasons, you have a personal injury claim. Tell us about the driver and accident today to learn how we can help by calling (229) 475-1969 today.
Medical Malpractice Attorney
Sometimes medical malpractice can lead to a personal injury lawsuit. Whether you or a loved one was injured in a hospital, outpatient center, or doctor’s office we want to help. Personal injury medical malpractice includes many different types of injuries and even wrongful death. Complications can be temporary or permanent. We only need to prove four things to win your case and get you a fair settlement, and they are:
- You were a patient of the practice, doctor, or hospital. If you were admitted, received a bill, or signed a consent to treatment, you were indeed a patient.
- The doctor (or nurse) was negligent in their care for you. We can prove negligence if any competent provider would have had a positive outcome for your care. Basically, we work to prove that the doctor did not do their job in accordance with their training or tried a procedure or tactic they were not skilled or trained in to do.
- Your injury is a direct result of negligent care. This is where our experienced team at The McLendon Law Firm is your greatest asset. We will determine if you are a victim of medical malpractice or if injuries sustained elsewhere are the root cause of your issues.
- You have damages due to the negligent care. Damages can range from ongoing pain, additional medical care and expenses, temporary or permanent disabilities, lost earnings due to additional time off work, and mental anguish.
Because The McLendon Law Firm handles both medical malpractice and personal injury cases, we can best determine which your individual situation falls under and work to get you a settlement you deserve.
Why Shouldn’t I Negotiate with the Insurance Company Myself?
The insurance company’s goal is to pay you as little as possible for your injuries. They only care about their bottom line. By hiring The McLendon Law Firm as your personal injury attorney, you can be assured you’ll receive a fair settlement.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
The McLendon Law Firm takes personal injury cases on a contingency basis. That means you don’t pay us anything unless we recover a settlement for you.
How Long Before I Receive a Personal Injury Settlement?
Some cases are quickly resolved through skillful negotiation by The McLendon Law Firm. Other times, we take the other party to court, so you get a fair settlement.
The McLendon Law Firm – Your Trusted Personal Injury Attorney
If you’ve been injured, call The McLendon Law Firm today. The sooner we get started on your case, the sooner you can have peace of mind that your bills are paid, and your family is provided for now and in the future. Our initial consultations are free and if we take your case, you won’t pay us until we settle or win your case. Call us today at (229) 475-1969 or fill out our contact form. Se Habla Español.