Losing a family member or loved one is never easy. When their passing comes as the result of someone else’s carelessness or negligence, it’s even harder to accept. If you believe your loved one’s death should have been prevented, you need a Blakely wrongful death lawyer. The McLendon Law Firm is ready to help you. We’re just a phone call away, and our initial consultation is free.
The McLendon Law Firm Is the Compassionate Team to Help You
We understand what a difficult situation you’re in. Although no amount of money will compensate you for your loss, you shouldn’t have to suffer more than you have from the death of your loved one. We work hard for every client to gather credible and quality evidence to prove your loved one’s death was the fault of the other party.
Our skilled and compassionate team wants nothing more than for the at-fault party to pay for their actions and will take every step we can to ensure that they do so, at least monetarily. If you have other stipulations you want in your case, like pulling a product from the market or a public admission of guilt, let us know, and we will share the pros and cons of such requests with you. Call us today to learn how we can help you file a wrongful death case – 877-762-9467.
Wrongful Death Cases Fall into Many Categories
We most often think about wrongful death either in conjunction with a traffic accident or medical malpractice. Both are a large portion of wrongful death cases in Blakely. However, they are not the only types of wrongful death lawsuits we have won. Some others include:
- Defective products
- Commercial transportation accidents
- Workplace accidents and exposure
- Premise liability accidents
- Prescription drugs
- Criminal violence or other actions
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
If you think your potential case falls into any of these or another situation, we want to talk to you. Our services cost you nothing unless we win.
How Do I Know if I Have a Wrongful Death Case?
Call The McLendon Law Firm and tell us about your loved one’s passing. We will ask you some questions which will help determine if there is reason to move forward and file a wrongful death suit. You only have two years from the date of death to file your claim, so do not delay.
There are four points to every wrongful death lawsuit that must be proved in order to win the case.
- Negligence – Was the death caused by the carelessness, incompetence, or recklessness of another person or company. A few examples include drunk driving, a medical doctor who didn’t have the proper rest prior to surgery, or a business who knew their product could cause harm.
- Breach of Duty – Explaining this is easiest with the examples above. For example, driving under the influence is illegal, and that is a breach of duty while operating a motor vehicle. Doctors are required to rest a certain number of hours after each shift. Manufacturers are required to meet safety standards on their products.
- Causation – This is where a skilled wrongful death lawyer can help your case. We work to prove that the defendant’s negligence caused your loved one’s death.
- Damages – Both tangible and intangible damages can be included. A tangible expense is something you have a bill for. Damages for intangible losses are harder to put a dollar figure on unless you’re an experienced wrongful death lawyer. A few examples of damages we may be able to include in your settlement include:
- Hospitalization and medical bills for the deceased
- Reasonable funeral and burial costs
- Lost income, including future earnings
- Pain and suffering prior to death
- Loss of support or companionship
Because we’re a personalized firm that looks at each case individually, there may be other damages we can include in our request for settlement.
You Can Help Your Wrongful Death Case
Just like any lawsuit, we’ll need evidence. Some we will be able to gather ourselves, especially if there was a police report filed in conjunction with the accident. You will need to provide a lot of the other information. We’ll need your help knowing:
- All doctors and/or hospitals who treated the deceased.
- Any communications with insurance companies you’ve had so far.
- If there were witnesses, their contact information.
- Outstanding bills you’ve received related to the accident or incident.
We may uncover other things we need your help in getting that will strengthen your case. The best way to help your wrongful death case is to call us today. The sooner we get started, the stronger the evidence we will be able to gather. Our consultations are free and you pay nothing unless we win your case. You can reach us by calling 877-762-9467 or filling out our contact form.
Do All Wrongful Death Cases Go to Trial?
No. In fact, if we can get a fair settlement in negotiations or mediation, that’s our preference. We know it’s faster and better for all parties involved.
Can My Personal Injury Claim & Wrongful Death Suit Be Handled by One Firm?
Yes, if you choose The McLendon Law Firm. We are both a wrongful death attorney and personal injury lawyer and can skillfully and passionately handle both situations for you.
About Robert McClendon
Our lead attorney, Robert McClendon, has vast experience and success as a wrongful death attorney. He’s appeared in local, state, and superior courts and won cases with millions of dollars in settlements. Robert is not afraid to fight for his clients in and out of the courtroom. He’s been recognized for the third straight year as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers®. Robert remains involved in the community with his active membership on the Cobb County Bar Association and Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Call The McLendon Law Firm Today
We are very sorry for your loss and want you to know that our compassionate team is ready to listen to your case and help you collect a fair settlement. Our consultations are free, and you don’t pay for anything until we collect on your case. Call us today at 877-762-9467 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free consultation. Se Habla Español.